I recently released in a new plugin in the WordPress plugin repository. It allows you to create interactive maps of the world, continents or any country in the world.
It was kind of a soft launch, as I’m still polishing out some features, but the plugin is ‘production ready’. I’ll be slowly marketing it to potential users. You can already visit the official website for some demos.
This plugin is a spinoff of my previous Interactive World Maps plugin, which is doing well, but needed a revamp. I decided to develop one from scratch and make a free version available. This new version uses the powerful amcharts library which provides hundreds of maps, all of them available in the plugin.
Some of the features included:
- More than 200 maps available, including maps of the USA, US States divided by counties, Continent Maps, several World Maps and all countries in the world;
- Colour regions/countries, setup a hover colour and click actions, like open a link when the region or country is clicked;
- Add markers to any location on a map based on coordinates. Setup a hover colour and click actions;
- Choose different projections (Mercator, Miller, Albers…);
- Include or exclude specific regions of the selected map.
I plan to expand the plugin and include custom maps that are not available in the amcharts library. In particular maps of specific popular cities and region maps of my home country Portugal.
I’ve created a demo page where you can preview all maps currently available, which are more than 200.
If you had the opportunity to try the map and have some feedback, feel free to leave a comment below!