The Count quiz type will allow you to create questions with a list of options that the user can select. There are no wrong or right answers, in the end the script will only count the amount of options selected by the user and provide feedback according to this count. You can setup content suggestions either using the feedback entry or looking at the filters associated with the unselected or selected options.
Create a New Quiz
Create a New QuizTo top
When you’re logged into your site, go to Quizzes > Add New. You should see the panel to build your quiz. In the ‘Options’ section, select ‘Count’ in the ‘Type of Quiz’ option. This will reveal some information about the count quiz type and some other options.
Adding FeedbackTo top
You can setup the feedback entries first if you already know how many options you’ll have or do it after you’ve added all your questions. Each feedback entry will have a number of points associated. That feedback entry will display if the user selects that amount of answers of less – if there isn’t any other feedback entry with another amount. Imagine you have the following feedback entries
- Feedback A – Display when user selects up to 5 answers
- Feedback B – Display when user selects up to 10 answers
- Feedback C – Display when user selects up to 15 answers
If a user selects 7 entries, it will display Feedback B, because the number is more than 5 (feedback A) and less or equal to 10 (feedback B). So you should add your feedback entries considering this rule.
Below is how the ‘Feedback’ panel looks like.
- Upload Image – If you want an image to display together with the feedback text, you should use this option, that will allow you to upload an image using the media library interface;
- Points – Display the current feedback entry when the user selected up to X entries.
- Title for this entry – will display as a title when the feedback displays.
- Description – longer text to describe this entry.
- Content Suggestions Filter Rule – if you want to display content suggestions, use this to open the interface that will allow you to select which content to display. More information on how to use it.
- Redirect To – if you just want to redirect the user to another page if he gets this result, just add the URL in this field;
- Delete – To delete this entry
- To add another Feedback Entry
- Here there will be information about the maximum amount of entries the user can select, based on the number of answers existing in your quiz.
Adding Questions and Answers
Adding Questions and AnswersTo top
To add questions and answers to your quiz, select the section ‘Questions’ to display the options.
- Question – Text that will represent the question being asked.
- Subtitle – Information to complement the question. Considering we are building a Count Quiz, you could for example write that your users should select as many answers as they want.
- Image – If you want an image to display together with your question, use this option.
- Answers – Managing the answers for this Question. See the information below for more details on how to add answers.
- Hide Answers Titles – If all your answers have images, you might not need to display the titles. However the titles are mandatory, since they will identify the answer.
- Add Question – To add more Questions. By default it will only allow up to 10 questions to be added. If you want to add more, read this.
- Delete Question
Adding answers to a count quiz is simple, since there are only 3 options.
- Image – Upload an image if you want the answer to display one. It is not mandatory, it will depend on the type of layout you choose. But if you choose to have an image, it’s best that all answers have one for layout consistency.
- Title – Mandatory title for this answer. It should specify what’s the answer value.
- Content Suggestions Filter – Depending on your strategy to attach content suggestions in your feedback results, you might want to attach a content filter rule to each answer. If you select the suggestions to be provided using the filter of selected or unselected answers, the plugin will search for this filter rules to build the suggestions. Imagine for example you have a travel website and this is a question about how many places the user visited. Each answer corresponds to a travel destination. Together with the feedback you could attach suggestions for articles about the destinations the user has already visited or articles about destinations he didn’t visit yet. Read this article to understand how the content suggestions filter works.
- Add Answer button – will allow you to add more answers. You can add as many as you want.
Attaching Content Suggestions
Attaching Content SuggestionsTo top
As mentioned previously, in the Count quiz type, you’ll be able to attach content suggestions using 1 of 3 different methods:
- Attach Content Suggestions directly to Feedback Entries
When creating a Feedback entry, use the ‘content suggestions filter’ to attach content suggestions based on the filters selected. When the user finishes the quiz, it will see the corresponding feedback entry and the content suggestions attached to it.
- Use Content Suggestions attached to selected answers
Use the ‘content suggestions filter’ option on each answer. When the user finishes the quiz, the plugin will search for the selected answers and attach to the feedback content suggestions based on the content filters attached to them.
- Use Content Suggestions attached to unselected answers
Use the ‘content suggestions filter’ option on each answer. When the user finishes the quiz, the plugin will search for the unselected answers and attach to the feedback content suggestions based on the content filters attached to them.
Choosing your Layout
Choosing your LayoutTo top
You can choose the layout for your quiz navigating to the ‘Layout’ section. The Count quiz type will probably work better with the ‘Images’ or ‘Minimal’ layout, but of course this will depend on how you want to display it. Learn more about the different layouts and how to use them:
You can continue to customize your quiz exploring the other sections:
- Social & Marketing
Explore options to enable email capture and social sharing options.
Options for quiz localization. You can change the text of your quiz messages and buttons.
- Content Integration
Options to include content together with the feedback results or between questions. Useful to incorporate ads for example.
Information about your quiz visits.